Sunday, January 18, 2009

Shifting Your Bass Fishing Into High Gear Yet?

As winter makes its last stand of the season, we get ready for some more great spring bass fishing! When the white bass are running, and the large mouth bass start their prespawn, We know that fishing is at its finest hour during this time of the year. So get ready, And hang on!

Though right now we are still fighting the elements of winter and we pick and choose which sunny day we want to freeze on, while in pursuit of " Mr Bass!" Right now I have worn out 3 rods and reels, and a lot of my wife's patients as I am really super bored. I have cleaned every lure and polished and sharpened every hook in my box. Cleaned and polished and waxed my boat and trailer! It is getting closer to springtime bass fishing.

Any way , rather and just rant and ramble, it is time to get all those honey do jobs out of the way. You know all the things around the house , that need to be getting done and out of the way! We don't want anything to get in the way of BASS fishing! Or do we? I know I don't!

Every spring I look forward to fishing again, and I get rather psyched about it. First off , trout season opens up in March and then ifs of to the lakes for me. Don't you get wound up at the end of winter? I know I sure do and I don't hesitate to go, between now and then if I get the chance!

Right now I am catching up on reading my favorite fishing blogs and it just winds me up even tighter, than before, ALL RIGHT I am getting a little over board with it , but I do love to fish and I just can't wait to get back out there all the time again!

Spring and Fall are my favorite times of the year to BASS fish! Now don't ask me to choose between the two because I like them both equally well. Any way I guess what the point is , is that its getting close to spring time and when the dogwood blooms, head for the lakes. That's an old time saying that means a lot to those who fish for white bass, Hybrids, Stripers, and Large mouth Bass. And once again it is time for the crappy fishing to get good too. So if you're not ready, then GET ready , Cause it will be here before you know it.

To be honest, I just thought today , I would give you all a ray of hope, so that you could, like myself, get excited about Spring fishing here , in the heart of the Ozarks, Missouri. Bass fishing at its finest hour. Think about it for a moment or two, and until next time.....Enjoy the "Great Outdoors!" And don't forget to keep your hooks wet. See ya out there, I hope!

No comments: